There are other signs that the end of this year will be strong:
- The global economy is doing well
- The US economy is doing better
- Consumer confidence is very high
- Home prices are the best we’ve seen in over 10 years
- Interest rates are historically low (though we will see another bump in December)
Remember what our firm was saying back in January of this year? We proposed that the market would close the year at 23,000. Although some people may have thought that was a bit aggressive, it was accurate! We recently crossed 23,500 and I would not be surprised to see a 24,000 or more by year-end.
Over the next few months and into the New Year, we’ll continue to be in support of Technology stocks. We also continue to like emerging markets better than US markets. We’re currently overweight in Financials, and as interest rates rise, these stocks will too.
Overall, we’re in a very good spot and the forecast for the rest of the year and even into 2018 is very good.
I’d like to wish all of you a very happy holiday season. Thank you for your continued trust and support and I look forward to giving you another update in January.